We all want our homes to be as clean as possible but one thing you don’t always think about is how clean the air is. The EPA estimates that the air in our homes and offices can be two to five times more polluted than the air outside. Here is a list of quick dos and don’ts to help “clear the air” in your home:
- Change your air filters on schedule
- Buy some green plants for inside
- Use all-natural cleaning products whenever possible
- Use the bathroom fan to eliminate mold-causing moisture
- Fix leaks – roof, basement, foundation, windows, wherever you find them – fix them
- Vacuum and clean your home regularly
- Wash your drapes
- Smoke inside – and don’t let anyone else do it either
- Idle your car in the garage
- Use fireplaces – consider replacing them if you can
- Store toxic chemicals inside
These small steps can help make a difference in how easy you and your family breathe. For a thoroughly cleaning of your ductwork, American Air can help – check out our air quality service package here: https://americanairconditioning.com/blog/indoor-air-is-yours-clean/. Your family’s health could depend on it.
This article was provided by American Air Conditioning & Heating. Since 1981, American Air has been providing professional air conditioning and heating service and repair. Check out their $99 tune-up special – good for your air conditioner or furnace!