You’ve probably heard of Energy Star and you may even have seen the Energy Star label. At American Air Conditioning & Heating, many of our customers are ask what Energy Star really means. As Woodland Hills Air Conditioning experts, we are here and ready to answer any questions you may have about the Energy Star label.
So what is Energy Star? And how does it affect my Woodland Hills Air Conditioning choices?
In 1992 the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) created Energy Star as a volunteer labeling product to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. A great byproduct of this is energy savings costs, and getting products with the Energy Star label will generate savings directly to the customer. Performance, features, lower energy bills and comfort all in one!
The EPA is in charge of determining which products earn this label. There are different energy efficiency requirements that have been set in place to determine and set that standards for products that are energy efficient. Here are the key guidelines that are followed to determine this.
The Guidelines for Energy Star Labeling:
- Product categories must contribute significant energy savings nationwide.
- Qualified products must deliver the features and performance demanded by consumers, in addition to increased energy efficiency.
- If the qualified product costs more than a conventional, less-efficient counterpart, purchasers will recover their investment in increased energy efficiency through utility bill savings, within a reasonable period of time.
- Energy efficiency can be achieved through broadly available, non-proprietary technologies offered by more than one manufacturer.
- Product energy consumption and performance can be mead and verified with testing.
- Labeling would effectively differentiate products and be visible for purchasers.
American Air Conditioning & Heating have been the Woodland Hills Air Conditioning Experts for over 30 years. We are constantly striving to provide the best customer service possible. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions, +1 (310) 419-8902.